Wherever you want to go, IANTD can take you there!! IANTD operates on a training philosophy known as WATER: Wisdom, Attitude, Training, Experience, and Repetition. Because, a relaxed confident diver is a safe diver who will enjoy exploring inner-space and pursue diving adventures for a lifetime.
This course includes:
- Wreck Diver paper textbook and workbook – must read and complete the workbook prior to beginning classroom session
- 1 classroom sessions
- 1 pool sessions
- 4-6 open water training dives
How deep will I be able to dive after completing my IANTD Advanced Open Water Diver certification?
This course does not increase the depth you are qualified to dive. You are limited to your current deepest dive depth certification.
What do you need to enroll in this program?
- Open Circuit
- Must be a qualified IANTD Advanced Open Water Diver equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years old.
- Must provide proof of a minimum of 10 logged dives or sufficient experience to satisfy the instructor that the student has the ability and knowledge to continue into this level of training.
- Must be a qualified IANTD Recreational Rebreather Advanced Open Water Diver
- Must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Must provide proof of a minimum of 20 dives, 10 of which were on the rebreather to be used during course work
What do I need to participate in the IANTD Advanced Open Water Diver course?
We recommend purchasing your own scuba mask, snorkel, dive slate, dive light, SMB, and reel. Stop in our store room and we’ll help you find the perfect fit for your face, or take a look around our online store before you check out to see what we offer.
Other scuba equipment you will need to rent or purchase:
- Wetsuit or Drysuit (Drysuit certification required)
- Scuba Fins
- Gear Bag
Plus! Don’t forget your towel and swim suit.
What will I learn to do the IANTD Advanced Open Water Diver course?
- Deep Dive
- Night/ Low Viz dive
- Navigation dive
- Search and Recovery Dives
- Wreck Dive
Where and when is all this going to happen?
Classroom session is being held at the Port Deco Diver store on August 20, 2020. In this session we will review the course workbook and take the test prior to the first pool session. Please come prepared by reading your course materials and completing your course workbook prior to the beginning of the first class session.
Pool sessions begin by meeting at the Port Deco Diver store on August 22, 2020 (times and locations subject to change on availability)
Open water training dives will be done on August 29 & 30, 2020. Location for local training dives will be determined based on weather. Please reserve the entire day for your training dives. Locations may be up to 3 hours drive time from Port Washington, WI. If you must reschedule your training dives you will have to pay for a new training session.
See you under the waves!